Can I take any Naropa class for Non-credit?
- Any courses not listed on the Course Schedule for Non-Credit Courses are unavailable to take for non-credit.
How much does it cost to take a class for Non-Credit at Naropa?
- Non-credit courses are $250 per class, $200 for Weekend Workshops, PLUS any related course fees.
- All payments are due the Friday prior to the beginning of class.
Are Non-Credit courses graded?
Non-Credit courses receive a grade of NC for "non-credit" so no, they are not graded. If you want to take a class that does receive a grade, then check out the For Credit classes.
Can I take the class Non-Credit now and upgrade it to For Credit later by paying the difference in tuition?
No. Basically, taking a class for Non-Credit means that you are not responsible for fulfilling the academic requirements for the class, and you are not graded for your participation. As a result, you will not, nor will you be able to in the future, receive academic credit for your participation. It is not possible to "upgrade" a Non-Credit class in order to receive academic credit.
How do I register for a Non-Credit course?
- To register, you will fill out the online Public Registration Non-Credit Registration Form found on the Public Registration page of MyNaropa.
- Spring courses are posted in November and Fall/Summer courses are posted in April.
How will I know if I got into a course?
- After filling out the Public Registration Non-credit Form, Naropa's Registration Office will email you within a week to let you know if you have been added to a class as a non-credit student.
- If you are not registered due to lack of space in a course, your payment will be refunded.
How can I register for the Mindfulness Instructor Trainings?
- You'll need to get instructor permission and fulfill certain requirements, THEN register online through the Public Registration forms.
- The cost is $200 for non-credit students, plus the additional course fee.
- Basic requirements for this course are at least 2-3 years pf consistent mediation practice, 2 weeks of intensive retreat before starting the program, and a letter of recommendation from a MI/mentor. If you have questions about the application process, please contact Giovannina Jobson at (303)245-4603 or Dale Asrael at (303)546-3522.
How do I cancel my registration and receive a refund?
- If you need to cancel your registration for a Non-Credit course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the Add/Drop deadline for the semester. Please check the Academic Calendar for exact dates.
- Note: non-degree students cannot add or drop their classes without the assistance of the Registration Office.
- A full refund will be given for requests received by the Add/drop deadline, but no refund will be issued after that point.
Will I receive a bill and/or a receipt?
- For non-degree students, Billing Statements are not issued. However, upon request, the Bursar will provide a receipt. You may reach the Bursar at email@example.com.
- Note: Early payment is encouraged, but it is the responsibility of the individual student to ensure they do not carry a balance.