What are the Steps for the Bhutan Study Abroad Program?
- Make sure this program is right for you. Visit Bhutan Study Abroad to learn more.
- Meet with your academic advisor to review program requirements and how the credits will fit into your educational program. Let your advisor know which courses you will take. Within Naropa University, credits may count as elective credit, may fulfill core area requirements, or may be applied to your major.
- Meet with your Financial Aid Counselor to review what costs will be covered by your financial aid package. For Naropa students, all federal and state financial aid, plus any Naropa scholarships, can be applied toward the Bhutan Study Abroad program.
- Make a careful analysis of your budget and costs that you will incur that fall outside the set program fee.
- Students seeking accommodations in order to participate in this program are encouraged to meet with the Naropa Disabilities Resource Coordinator.
At the time of application, you will be asked to pay a non-refundable $25.00 application fee. If your current financial situation warrants waiving of your application fee, submit a fee waiver request.
After acceptance, a non-refundable $500 program deposit is due to Naropa University to confirm your spot in the program.
Applications will be accepted until October 1st or until all spots are filled - whichever is first. Students are encouraged to apply early due to limited spaces available.