Who can register as a Non-Degree student?
- Any individual who isn't already working toward a degree at Naropa can register to take For-Credit courses as a non-degree seeking student.
- Registration can be done through the Non-Degree For-Credit Registration Form.
- Non-Degree students can take up to 11 credits per semester. If you're interested in taking more than 11 credits, you will need to visit the Admissions tab to apply as a Visiting Student.
Can I take any Naropa class I am interested in?
The academic schools within Naropa have designated a certain number of courses that are open to the public. To find said classes, click on the printable Registration Schedules & Catalog link found on MyNaropa homepage. Search for the Courses Available to the Public for Academic Credit.
If you wish to take a course that is not on the list, you'll need to fill out and submit an Addendum to Non-Degree Registration Form. This requires both the instructor and School Director Permission before you fill out the Non-Degree For Credit Registration Form.
What if there is a pre-requisite listed for the class I am interested in?
- If the class has a pre-requisite or special requirement, the student is responsible with the instructor so they are properly prepared for the course, plus informing the Registration Office of the approval.
- Students who fail to confirm with the instructor prior to registering run the risk of being dropped from the class and asked to leave the course. Note: Faculty emails can be found under course information using the Course Search link on the MyNaropa homepage.
How will I know if I get into a class?
- Non-degree For Credit students are added into classes on a space-available basis on the first day of classes.
- You will be notified via email whether or not you've been registered.
- If there are no seats available, you won't be registered and your tuition will be refunded if you've pre-payed.
- You can track enrollment numbers by course by using the Course Search, found on the MyNaropa homepage.
How much does it cost to attend Naropa as a non-degree student?
- Tuition for academic credit at Naropa is $995 per credit, plus any additional course fees.
- Non-credit tuition is $250 per class.
Do CU students get a discount?
Current University of Boulder students interested in taking Tibetan or Sanskrit classes do receive a discount. There is a separate from for interested CU students, called the CU Language Courses Consortium Registration Form.
What is Naropa's refund policy for non-degree students?
If you need to cancel a For Credit registration as a non-degree student, please email email@example.com by the end of the Add/Drop period for the semester. You may find the Add/Drop date by checking the Academic Calendar. A full refund will be given for requests received by the Add/Drop date.
Can I take the class For Credit now and change it to Non-Credit later?
No, once registered for the class you cannot opt to take the class for non-credit at a later date. IF you would like to chat about the differences, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.
Will I receive a bill and/or a receipt?
- For non-degree students, Billing statements are not issued. However, upon request, the Bursar will provide a receipt. You may reach out to the Bursar at email@example.com.
- Note: early payment is highly encouraged, but it is the responsibility if the individual student to ensure they do not carry a balance.