NEWEST: Videos to help you quickly get started Online Meetings (a.k.a. BigBlueButton) in your eLearning class:
Your eLearning class at MyNaropa has a capability to do a live video lecturing to (and only to) your students in that course section. The lectures can also be recorded and students who missed the live webcast can watch them from an archive later. The screen can be shared in the lecture. Students can be divided into breakup rooms. We recommend using the latest version of Chrome on your desktop or laptop computers.
Video for hosts/presenters (instructors):
Video for viewers (students):
Follows an instruction how to add Online Meetings to your eLearning class:
- Login to your eLearning class.
- Scroll down on the vertical left-had side menu
- Click on Add a Page
- Chose to add Online Meetings
- When the page is added, click on Access on the horizontal menu right below the name of that page ONLINE MEETINGS.
- Click on Students > Show this page to Students > Back to Online Meetings.
This will make Online Meetings available for your real time lecturing.
The basic functions of an eLearning class every Naropa faculty will encounter in the course of the semester are covered in these five points:
- How to access your online class,
- How to post a syllabus,
- How to take attendance,
- How to access and manage the online source book, and
- How to view the class members and send emails.
You can view an instructional video or text-based instruction on each of those topics when you scroll down below. Additionally, on the very bottom of this page, you can learn:
- How to post an announcement for students in the class, and
- How to link external websites on the Web Resources page.
Some of the more advanced topics are covered on separate pages:
- Discussion Forums
These more complex features are not used in each Naropa eLearning course, but are available to be explored and faculty are encouraged to utilize them to enhance their teaching of Naropa University curriculum, with the support and guidance of the Distance Learning Office staff. Contact us at 303-245-4702, firstname.lastname@example.org.